Students and Post Docs I have supervised or helped to supervise
- Francesco Cattaffi, January 2021 - May 2021, as junior fellow of the ESI.
- Christoph Harrach, May 2017 - May 2018 in my project New directions in the theory of BGG sequences and since October 2020 in my project Applications of parabolic geometries and BGG sequences
- Travis Willse, PhD at the University of Washington, the Post Doc at the Australian National Univerisity. Post Doc in my reasearch project since October 2015 - August 2017 and January 2018 - May 2018 in my project New directions in the theory of BGG sequences.
- Callum Sleigh, PhD at University of Melbourne, Australia. Post Doc in my research Project New directions in the theory of BGG sequences January 2015 - September 2015.
- Tomas Salac, PhD at Charles University, Prague. Post Doc in my research projct Cartan geometries and differential equations" January 2013 - December 2013, now works at the Charles University, Prague.
- Matthias Hammerl, Post Doc in my research projects, September 2009 - September 2012 (with a short gap). Starting from October 2012 he holds a Junior-Professorship at the University of Greifswald. Habilitation at the University of Vienna in 2015.
- Katja Sagerschnig, Post Doc in my research project, December 2008 - Dezember 2009.
She was afterwards awarded a L'Oreal grant "For women in Science" and a Schrödinger grant
of the FWF and held a post doc position at the Australian National University (ANU) in Canberra.
Currently she has a post-doc position at the Politecnico di Torino.
- Josef Silhan,
PhD University of Auckland and Masaryk University, Brno, ESI Junior Fellow,
September 2008 - February 2009, currently assitant professor at the Masaryk University, Brno.
- Lenka Zalabova, PhD Masaryk University, Brno, ESI Junior Fellow, August 2008 - January 2009, currently
assistant professor at the University of South Bohemia.
- Christian Lübbe, PhD University of Oxford, ESI Junior Fellow, September 2007 - March 2008
- Stuart Armstrong, PhD University of Oxford, ESI Junior Fellow, January 2007 - June 2007 and Post Doc in my research project, July 2007 - July 2008.
- Vojtech Zadnik, PhD Masaryk University, Brno, ESI Junior Fellow, September 2004 - January 2005
- Zhangwen Guo, since 2020
- Michal Wasilewicz, since 2019, master study at the University of Tokyo
- Christoph Harrach, 2017, Doctoral thesis: Poisson transforms for differential forms adapted to the flat parabolic geometries on spheres.
- Chiara de Zanet, 2016, Doctoral thesis: Generic one-step bracket generating distributions of rank four.
- Ales Navrat, 2012, Doctoral thesis: Non-standard Operators in Almost Grassmannian Geometry. After completing the PhD, he got a position at the Masaryk University in Brno.
- Katharina Neusser, 2010, Doctoral thesis: Weighted jet bundles and differential operators for parabolic geometries. After completing the PhD, she got a 5 years post doc position at the Australian National University (ANU) in Canberra, currently at the Masaryk University (Brno).
- Matthias Hammerl, 2009, Doctoral thesis: Natural prolongations of BGG-operators.
- Katja Sagerschnig, 2008, Doctoral thesis: "Weyl structures for generic rank two distributions in dimension five".
Diploma and Master students
- Paul Zellhofer, 2021, Master thesis: "Symmetric spaces and their compactifications".
- Zhangwen Guo, 2020, Master thesis: "Lagrangean contact structures.
- Kathrina Kienecker, 2015, Master thesis: "Holonomy reductions of Cartan geometries".
- Caroline Moosmüller, 2013, Master thesis: "Projective Structures, Tractors, and Invariant Differential Operators".
- Claudio Musmarra, 2013, Diploma thesis: " Geometry of Homogeneous Spaces".
- Daniel Kuppelwieser, physics diploma, co-supervision with R. Beig, 2008, Diploma thesis "Geometric Structures on Riemannian Manifolds and Compatible Connections".
- Michaela Grossbichler, 2008, Diploma thesis "Conformal Circles on Möbius Space"
- Katharina Neusser, 2007, Diploma thesis (Würdigungspreis 2007 des BMWF) "On Automorphism Groups of Parabolic Geometries", 2007 [PDF]
- Matthias Hammerl, 2006, Diploma thesis: "Homogeneous Cartan Geometries"
- Katja Sagerschnig, 2003, Diploma thesis: "Schubert Cell Decomposition
and Homology of Generalized Flag Manifolds" [ PS ]
- Florian Wisser, 2001, Diploma thesis: "Classification of complex and
real semisimple Lie algebras" [ PS , PDF ]
- Susanne Pichler, 2001, Diploma thesis: "Eine Anwendung der Quaternionen
in der algorithmischen Geometrie" ("An application of quaternions to algorithmic